Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 264 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Dear Ones - I know that many of you are very busy this time of year, but if you have time to spend even half a day in Cambridge, I would love to see you at the Beyond IQ Conference. This one is worth driving to if you have HG or beyond kids - there is no paperwork needed - if you know me, and think your kid is beyond Optimally Gifted - this one is for you.

I know that one of the biggest benifits of Davidson program, and interacting with the 'Gifted World' in general, is being able to see my son interact with kids who 'get' him. This particular weekend is one of those places where I get to see and belive that there is more to this kid than hazy grumpiness - and the memory of seeing him chattering and smiling happily at Beyond IQ has been one of the sources of strength that I have relied on the year before last, and many other years, during the long months when the schools were telling me that the fit was fine, and if he was a sad blob, well, that must just be his personality. Happily this year my son is at a school which is a good fit, and he is neither hazy, grumpy or blobby - even after 9 months at school!!!

Yippee!

If any of you are planning to attend the Beyond IQ Conference April 30 and May 1,
    Great news - I found out that the Best Western has a BIQ group rate:
    1650 Commonwealth Avenue US Boston, Massachusetts, 02135-5604, United States
    Phone: 617/566-6260
    This hotel is 2.5 miles from the conference site:
    Boston University George Sherman Student Union 775 Commonwealth Ave Boston, MA
    and near the public transportation stop that goes to BU.

To get the good rate, you have to call on the phone, and tell the receptionist that you are with 'Beyond IQ' for a rate of 109$ that includes parking and Continental breakfast.
    Smiles,
    For more information about Beyond IQ weekend -
    http://www.giftedconferenceplanners.org/Boston/index.html

For more information about the hotel -
    http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/priceAvail.do;jsessionid=55dFoMj+ExcHmmEmgINXoA**.h55ab?propertyCode=22029&disablenav=

If anyone has any questions about the weekend, please post here, or send me a Private Message to me!

Love and more Love,
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Anyone considering going to this event?

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    I'm considering going. Anyone have any experience with the BIQ events? Any stories? Would DS6 enjoy it?

Now emerging from a boat-load of springtime work...

BB

Last edited by BaseballDad; 04/22/11 09:10 AM.
    Gosh. It looks good. Richard Rusczyk will be there (of AOPS fame). My dd would want to go just for the autograph... just a little too far for us. frown

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM