I am new to posting, but I have been a lurker/learner for quite a few years. I have a good understanding of DS, 14, but I have a technical question about his most recent assessment.

DS has been privately evaluated by an excellent Ph.D. psychologist three times since 2005. DS has been diagnosed with ADHD PI, mild; learning disability, NOS, Written Expression primary with fine motor slowing; visual motor processing difficulties and process speed slowing. His VCI and PRI scores have been very close together and consistent.

On the first two assessments (WISC IV) a FSIQ was not given because of the spread of PRI vs PSI of 46 points, and 44 points respectively. I was not provided scaled scores on the most recent assessment:

VCI 128 97th
PRI 129 97th
WM 104 61st
PSI 94 34th
FSIQ of 121.

His GAI on the first assessment was 133.

DS has not had an IEP since 3rd grade and the school has been reluctant since then to give him formal accommodations since he is not an at risk student. He really only requires extended time on assignments and I have good teacher testimony to that fact. I am tired of having to try to explain to DS's teachers the processing speed issues, hope they understand and hope they don't perceive me as a parent who is trying to gain special treatment for their child. All of the testing is in place and at no expense to the SD. I am determined to put accommodations in place for high school. DS also takes 50 mg. Vyvanse for ADHD only on school days.

The technical question is should the GAI have been used for significant discrepancy of PRI vs PSI with a spread of 35 points instead of FSIQ? I don't have a copy of the WISC IV Administration and Scoring Manual handy to try to figure it out myself. I am anticipating that the SD will look at the FSIQ and feel he doesn't qualify for accommodations due to the achievement discrepancy issue. I feel I should state that DS had issues with some teachers in elementary school as it would appear that DS was off task and not motivated. I knew something wasn't quite right and immediately had him evaluated. Having the knowledge of his processing speed difficulties has been priceless. It was very empowering to be able to understand his strengths and weaknesses. That's my story. Hope Dottie or Grinity might have some input. Thanks