we were supposed to have the IEP meeting last week but I guess nothing is ready .I talked to the lady that evaluated him and again she asked me his interest and told me how he doesn`t want to do the challenge(which he was very excited at firt but again I don`t know what they want him to do).She wants him to start teaching the other kids which I disagree not his job and now what they want to do his make him resolve problem this way :if kids in his class need to find one way to do it he needs to find 3 ways etc...
I think they have no idea what to do with him.

He`s a kid that won`t do his work or take forever if it`s too easy and loose his focus.

For the manipulative part you are probably right but it only happened twice.I think it was a cry for help.I told him I was going to fix the problem.First day of class I talked to the teacher and told her how advanced he was especially in reading and he needs something challenging.Nothing happened.Two weeks after beginning of school talked to the principal saying how he hates school etc and I asked them to put him in 2nd grade.They refused they tested him in reading which moved him to last set of books they dont have in the classroom took 3 weeks to have them.I was sending weekly notes to teacher for harder stuff nothing.Talked to her on report card day and asked her again .Nothing.At that point my son had it and its when he said he was going to kill himself.I called the principal again and told him the situation and it`s when they finally decided to test him.
He loved the testing and asked me if it could be like that everyday.It took 7 months and really the boredom started last year but his teacher at the time was challenging him.

sorry for long post