Originally Posted by master of none
I don't think you have to have ADD to have trouble focusing on what the teacher wants from you day after day, all day when it's too easy.
My dd who I don't think has ADD (at least not today) was getting 80s on first takes and 60s on retakes of the EXACT same tests in math. I gave her an incentive and suddenly, her average jumped to 99, and they moved her up a level. in the new class, she is doing work she thought was too hard for her, except now it's at a synthesized application level and before it was at a building block level. She said it was because in the old class, they were trying to make her brain do things and in the new class, her brain just does it without thinking.

I think someone on here has said that until you have the right level academically, you can't make any conclusions about behavior, ADHD, or anything else. That has helped me remember to look first at the level of challenge.

When you go over the findings with the psych, can you ask her point blank what she thinks is going on? Maybe if she can comment in her report on what he needs, then you won't have to do the asking and the psych can be the pot stirrer.

Have you seen the PBS series on ADD in adults?

Thank you for sharing your experience...I think your first sentence is so true. I can't help wondering the difference it would have made for myself and even more so my brother if we had been advocated for in the way parents here do. (I know my mother did the best she could with the information she had at the time...)

And I'm also thinking that is why it takes me all day to unload the dishwasher now...