Hi Kristina,

This sounds alot like my son. I don't have any answers for you but do have a shared experience. Since my son was two I have noticed him staring alot. I became suspicious and started paying closer attention. His staring spells just weren't right for me. I began to see a pattern and the staring was more like zoning out. He has always done well in school, preschool etc... been very social and well tempered. I was able to video tape him and showed his pediatrician, at this point my insecurities were taken more seriously. We still don't know what it is but there is a consensus that there is something going on. He has been under the care/observation of a pediatric neurologist and, at nine, he is as yet to be diagnosed. He is forgetful, requires reminding to bring home his jacket and lunchbag daily, forgets his binder at school, loses track of his personal stuff at home, etc... Baseball proved to be too slow allowing for many staring spells but plays lacrosse very well. He taught himself to read at 3, so he can concentrate and focus his attention when he is motivated to do so. He does well in school so we just monitor him at this point.

I hope this is beyond what may apply to you. But just in case...

regards,

sy