There is a wonderful book calls Iowa Acceleration Scale Manual, about 20$ from Amazon, and really expained in depth what all these test scores mean. I would love for our public school to offer my DS9 a grade skip. It wouldn't be enough, but I believe it would be a good start. Another book worth reading is "RE-forming Gifted Education" to see what alternatives there are to grade skips.

There is no doubt that grade skipping can have drawbacks, but I believe that for my son, the benifits would outweight the negatives.

The first question is: How does you son feel about it? Does he have dear friends that he's loath to be apart from? If not, he is more likly to make them after the skip.

What about the school? Would a grade skip cause him to miss an excellent teacher or leave a good setting?

As for online classes - my son has enjoyed them at times, but some children resent haveing "extra" work at home after school hours are over. Of course some schools allow the child to do "their Math" while the other kids are doing Math.

Best Wishes
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com