1) It isn't too late. an adult who is acting the way your child is acting might be beyond hope - but, in general, children's patterns of behavior are not nearly as deeply engraved as adults. so stop worrying.

2) Are you in a position to appologise to her for sending her to school and just stop sending her? (temporarily or permanently)

3) Have you requested, in writing, that your child be given an IQ test and achievement test, by the school, at the school's expense, immediatly?

4) Have you applied to the Davidson's young scholar's program?

5) Is paying for a private IQ score goinging to be a hardship for your family? If not, what concerns do you have that have stopped you from going that route?

6) Are you hooked up locally with your state gifted association? Local universities sometime have someone who will talk to parent's on the phone?

7) Don't waste your time with the local T & G progam until you have know if she is gifted, and if so 95%,98%,99% or 99.9% kind of gifted - it matters. Deb Ruf's book may help.

8) Don't worry about wether or not you are a good teacher for your child, many homeschooling mom's provide lots of management and resource finding and no direct instruction. With my son, he wouldn't sit and watch me, but if I exposed him to something interesting, after trying and failing for himself, he would demand some coaching. I try to follow his mind from the mistakes he makes and say: "It looks like you are trying to ..., yes?" But it doesn't matter that you aren't good at it, you'll learn and grow, she will too.

Love and More Love - Robin from Connecticut

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com