I am sharing information about Davidson Young Scholors Program with agencys and parent groups in my state. I am on committe's participating as a stakeholder. I am sharing creative ideas and information in positive constructive ways to improve programs. I recently shared information with State Department of Education,Parent Center,

... I am advocating for gifted children. I advocate for everyone, as everyone is important! I want to share information about this program as a resource for all school districs to utilize. As Linda Silverman mentioned, all across America there are people that aren't being identified as gifted. The book,Smart Kids with Learning Difficuilties, provides the charts and information that parents need to have to correctly identify gifted child. I have permission from Linda Barnes-Robinson and Prufrock Press to use information from the book to educate parents and professionals in my state. Gifted forms need more disclousure of how program works. Ideal, model program is in Montgomery Maryland. Parents who are interested in a program that meets the needs of all children and have 2-E program with online resources, Universal Design, awsome parent interaction ,should check out this program and share the information with their State Department of Education and school distric and PTA president to share with parents so if they want these improvements they can do a Parent Survey, to submit to their school board requesting them.

I need to know exactly what testing is utilized to qualify a child that is 2-E as GIFTED to participate in your program. Non-verbal testing allows for unique design of brain and allows for enviormental stressors that affect brain function under stress that lower scores on conventional IQ testing. If VMI is 148,dev.18,99% and non-verbal score is 132 IQ,dev17yrs + and Stanford Binet IQ is 110 at 12 yrs old and child is generating creative amazing things but struggles to read write and spell. But is doing algebra in their head, memorizes cards in everyones hands playing card games, duplicates art work, excellent marksmam, plays chess, auditory learner.... Please respond in post so all parents can read how we can recieve the supports we need for our children in every state in America. Where are the lists located of these resources for parents to use, to utilize so we are equal partners in our childs education? All PTA Presidents in every distric in America need this information to share with the parents in their distric so parents can advocate for their children. As long as it is information that is not available to the public, nothing will change. If anyone knows of another model school(besides the one in Montgomery, Maryland) that meets the needs of all children I would appreciate the information being posted so all parents have access to information. Eric Jensen's book Enriching the Brain has information on ideas for a model school.

Please forgive my not responding to people on this blog. I have done research for years but have just recently learned to run computer and got e-mail so I could be in the loop.

I wasn't quite sure where it was best to post this. So, I decieded to pick the most important topic that all topics lead back to. This one! Thank you for providing this blog. TMI Grandma