DS spoke a few words at 6mths and full sentences before his 1st birthday. He was signing after 6 mths. I was working so much then and had a helper who took care of him. We had one of those cloth posters that had pockets with alphabets a-z on them, and each pocket, a little felt object, like an apple or banana that went into the "a" or "b" pockets. My helper went through with him a few times and he showed it to us as a parlour trick! That was when he was 9mths. At the time, I had no clue kids could be taught anything, so what was happening it didn't even strike me very hard - I just thought - nice. Even when he was reading road signs or reciting his Mother Goose books before 2yrs old, I couldn't wrap my head around it that he was reading. I thought he remembered shapes and pictures very well and could recite them very well with a picture cue, duh!

Physically though, he's not as fast. I don't know when he rolled over etc. But he walked at 13mths. He never liked playgrounds etc and I found out later that it was due to vision and gross motor skill issues. He's 7 now and still undergoing OT. Still can't cycle on a 2-wheel bike and swim strokes, but he's starting to scoot and loves it, yay!