I did a non-official homeschool with my daughter at 4yrs. I let her be responsible for her education. There was nothing we needed to do she was already ahead.

We made a homeschool notebook. We put a master list in the front of the book of options that could be added to.

Building- Legos, bocks
Art - playdough, watercolors, drawing, crafts
Math - worksheets, computer CD's, games, dominoes
Reading - books on tape, snuggle read, make up stories to pictures
Gym - walk outside, play soccer, bike ride, dance, playground
Field trips - parks, museums, zoo
Games, Puzzles, Imagination - play dolls,
cooking - fruit salad, pizza,

Each day we listed 3 things to do. I told her one needed to be exercise. We committed an hour each day to this but somedays we would do one thing that would take all day.

Each activity can inspire another, A days list could be:
1)dance party - we danced to music, you could incoporate cultures here with hawaii dancing and get a kids story relating to hawaii
2)math - dice game or leapster video on math
3)read - little red hen then draw a picture, bake some bread, act out the story with some toys or puppets

DD would write the date and draw something about the weather. We would include drawing, poems, stickers, photos or flyers from field trips. This is a great way to keep memories for a special time and work on spelling, writing and drawing. If the writing is too hard yet, you can do the writing for her. This gave some structure to our day and reflections to what we were doing. I could review the pages and then think - we should do more art.

Make lots of social time with other kids too.

We have always gone to the library weekly. I would pick up books and videos on things that interest her like animals and nature. I just followed her lead and tried to have fun. Enjoy this time.

Last edited by onthegomom; 05/13/10 07:23 AM.