Cricket2 - Thanks for reminding me of the Edward Zaccaro math books. He loved the Elementary version of Challenge Math. I looked up the algebra one and it looks like something he would love. There were a couple of other ones that also looked good. I ordered the algebra one and am still thinking about the others.

ch64 - He has read Captain Underpants and liked those - also Diary of a Wimpy Kid. He didn't seem all that interested in Black Lagoon the last time we looked at them, but I might try that again because he loved the simple ones when he was younger. I will look at the other two also - we have not seen them and I would love to find a new series to capture his interest. I ordered some of the Murderous Math books and he seems really excited to try those.

Starting to work on the application and trying to figure out who to ask to write the recommendation. Anyone have an opinion on whether it is better to have just one sent in or ask two people to do them? I was thinking of just one person who I think will write the strongest one (director of his afterschool math place - he has completed 5 grade levels of work there in about 8 months (going 2 hours a week with no study outside of the 2 hours) - of course he didn't have much to learn in the easier grade levels, but still pretty sure the director would say positive things - the director also tried to slow him down some by expanding each level beyond what he would normally give students there - adding extra challenge word problems and logic problems as he completed the standard work).

Thanks again everyone!