Thank you all so much. I am going to go ahead and put an application together for him. I don't think school will do much for him this year - they just seem overwhelmed by trying to figure him out - unless maybe I can come up with some very clear and simple suggestions for them to follow. That is what I really need help with. (Also, getting him to complete writing assignments more quickly but that is another issue I think.)

The woman who did his recent testing commented to me that she found it particularly interesting that he was able to do the algebra and geometry problems on the WJ test. She said when he got to those it seemed clear that he had not been taught how to do them but was still able to figure out the answers somehow. He does seem very interested in learning algebra now. I made up a couple of algebra problems for him. He was so excited and didn't have any trouble solving problems with a couple of variables and seems to particularly like ones that have fractions, decimals and square roots involved (those have been long time favorites for him). I just tried giving him a couple though, so really don't know what else would be involved with the whole course.

By the way, someone reminded me of a funny clock story with him in preschool. He was fine telling time on his own at that point, but I remember his preschool teacher telling me that she could not figure out why he spent so much time looking at a particular wall - he finally told her that he was bothered by the third hand on the clock on the wall. He told her it was hard to tell the exact time with that clock because by the time you start to think it the third hand moves and you have to recalculate. His personality hasn't changed one bit I guess.

I am going to look at the murderous math books. I could really use a new series of books to catch his attention. I will also look at the website and think about geometry and the other topics mentioned. If we could find a really good match in terms of a tutor or mentor that would probably be the best thing for him. He is always asking to do more and would love individualized stuff. I would love it if he could do some of what he wants to do with math in school, but maybe that is not realistic at this point.

Thanks again everyone!