I'm feeling most sheepish to be even writing in this thread, but I just can't help it! I'm overjoyed by Miss 8's school report. It's awesome. Quick reminder...

Last year, Miss 8 was languishing in year 2, mainly a C/B student and quickly gaining the reputation as a bit of a troublesome kid. Her teacher suggested we have her hearing tested, etc. And I know you know where that testing lead us...

Yesterday she got her year 4 report, mainly As (!) and some Bs (!) The only average grade was for writing, and that's certainly not surprising. But the real delight is that her effort (ranked rarely, sometimes, consistently, outstanding) has now clearly shifted away from rarely and sometimes, to mostly outstanding and consistent!!!

You never know if you're doing the right thing with acceleration, because the tangible feedback isn't immediate. But 12 months down the track, I can confidently say that we did the right thing. My child is thriving and the teacher says she is a joy to teach!!! What heaven!!!

Happy mum...