Thanks Dottie,
You are always so full of good info.
I do have some questions.
First - if 10=100, 13= 115, 16=130 19=145 - Then how does the test ceiling at 160? Isn't 19 the highest you could get in every subset? And if 19 is the highest and does correlate to 145, than how does DYS need a 150, wouldn't that be impossible?

Since my post I have been doing internet research. WPPSI for the 4-7 year old age group has 7 core subtests. 3 that correlate to VIQ, 3 that correlate to PIQ and 1 that correlates to Processing Speed. It also says that for the VIQ, PIQ and FSIQ you only calculate using the core subtests.

So, after you tally the the subtests for VIQ and PIQ, is it an average that is read from a chart for the FIQ and PIQ scales? I did read somewhere, but not sure how reliable it is, that it is just a straight average. If you have three subtests for VIQ, say two 18's and a 19, then you take the average of the three, and you get 18.3, then your VIQ score is whatever 18.3 would correlate to. I guess that is what the chart you refer to does?
If 19 is 145, and 16 is 130, then an 18.3 would be something around a 142??

If our tester used the core and optional subtests to calculate the IQ scores, (she was not gifted experienced and said she did everything by hand), wouldn't those scores be incorrect and wouldn't they need to be redone without the optional subtests included?

Another reader's post, mentioning ceilings and noting their child's scores on the WPPSI got me pulling out our test which was taken about 9 months ago. I just want to make sure that I understand the process and that the scoring was done correctly.
Thanks