Mom0405 - oh sweetie - lots of hugs your way...your story could be ours almost word for word and at the same EXACT age that our DS6 went through his hell...we saw a very sweet mild mannered little 4.5 year old turn into an angry, frustrated, tantrum throwing child almost overnight. I was in shock and now that I look back at it, it makes more sense to me that it was based on frustration that arose from his school situation that we thought was "ok" but it really wasn't. It was like he was holding himself together for so long and kept passing "hints" along the way that things were not kosher and then the volcano erupted when he finally couldn't handle any more frustration/boredom. We removed him immediately from his school situation and for a VERY long time he didn't trust very many people, his sense of wonder kind of crawled into a hole and disappeared, it was like my son just disappeared. After about 6 months of unschooling at home little peeks of my son started to reappear. He still is very cautious, he has learned the WRONG way to handle frustration by exploding instead of more acceptable ways but we are slowly working on that one day at a time. I am glad that you his mommy and you are helping him through this time.....sending lots of hugs and support your way!!