Originally Posted by gratified3
My kids tended to go play Monopoly by themselves for hours at age 4. We let them do that and offered little guidance.

Wow J!
DOK ((drooling on the keyboard))
Children in families, even with varying LOG, seem to be much closer together in ability than children in classrooms, or daycare. I remember smiling when Dottie called it her homecluster! or something like that. If your least gifted one was willing to play monopoly at 4, my guess is that that one is pretty gifted also - even if they did make bad trades.

My son is an only, and if I could have rented some 4 year olds to play monopoly with him, I would have! Basically at our house, it was "me or TV" because my extroverted son wasn't a 'go build something' kid.

Strangly, lots of parents will hear a child ask for a very specific thing and assume that they know better, and put the book back on the library shelf. Perhaps those parents need the scores early as permission to follow the child's lead?

Slightly OT, my son knew just what to do with those stiff toddler books. Get me to stack them so he could knock them down.

Smiles,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com