Our oldest is confirmed gifted, so he's the one I'd talk about. He was not all that early a talker (and definitely not an early walker) but it was his rate of language acquisition and the kinds of things he talked about that were amazing.

We also did sign language--took a class when he was 7 months. He picked up on it right away. Even the instructor would always comment on how attentive he was during class. He learned many, many signs and loved to show us things. He was so pleased to communicate. He only spoke a couple of words at his first birthday, and I even asked the pediatrician if it was unusual. He knew a ton of signs though. Then right after his first birthday his language exploded. He was speaking in complete sentences by 15 months. He also spoke very clearly and talked about unusual things early on. At 15 months my grandma was dying and we went back to see her. At that time my son was really into sounds but he didn't call them sounds, he called them "sound/noises," like he was so fascinated that there were two words for the same thing. Everywhere we went while we were visiting he would ask, "What's that sound/noise?," to the point that we start finding things that made funny noises just to entertain him. My sister could make funny noises with a blade of grass and he called that "Aunt Kay's sound/noise." Anyway, I have two younger sons and neither one has been quite as verbal or curious at that early age.

My oldest did not walk until 15 months, my second child walked at 19 months!!, and my youngest at 9 months!, so my children have been all over the map. My oldest was definitely the most verbal, though. I have no idea whether the other two are gifted--they don't show the same level of intensity as their brother but they are also still young (3 and 1). They have different personalities while my oldest was demanding and communicative from an early age.