Hi Ladies,

I'd like to skip back and address the conversation between Kriston and Gratified. Yes, we probably have some parenting ideas that are different and some that are the same.
We had both of our daughters tested before 5 and DD7 was tested twice.
DH and I have valid reasons for doing so. Some will agree, some will disagree, it doesn't really matter to us, we did what we felt we needed to do.
Yes, I'm sure some PG babies are just drooling at 6 months. DD7 did some unusual things from 6-12 months. They weren't subtle. They were somewhat disconcerting. It was a good thing to be able to put this information in some sort of context.
Coming from a minimizing, gifted denial family, those scores helped me. It gave me permission to give my DD's way above level appropriate material. If I hadn't known their potential abilities I would have dismissed some of their requests when they were younger, thinking, Oh you can't do that.
Everyone has a different story and a different set of circumstances.........Let's respect that.
Kriston, you can't go back and do anything different, cut yourself some slack.
You are an awesome mom and DS is lucky to have you. Can't remember if you have other children?? Sorry The caffeine hasn't jump started my brain yet.
I love this forum, it exposes me to different opinions. Often, I get the most out of reading posts that are so different from my own ideas. It allows me to expand my point of reference which is cool.

Peace,
Incog