Originally Posted by shellymos
I have no idea how to turn an assignment that says something like "what number comes after 10?" into something challenging for him.

How about what number comes fifteen after 102? Same concept, but you are adding addition and bigger numbers. I know Wolf would like that one a lot more. If your kid is into negative numbers you can throw those in too. Math isn't boring around here, Wolf won't let it be!

As for the double worksheets, I would suggest to the teacher that if your son is finishing his advanced work more quickly than the other kids are finishing the basic stuff that perhaps optional additional advanced work or quiet reading time would be a better option than the same work the class is doing. I see it as a type of punishment for being smart to make them double up their work like that. Not only that, but it's honestly a bit insulting: Oh, you finished your page of advanced calculus before the class was done with their page of single digit addition? Well, here's the page they are doing so that you can keep busy...