My ds is in 1st grade. His teacher has been wonderful about giving him books for reading that are on his level and giving him different projects to work on. One day though I was helping in the classroom and saw my ds crunch up a paper from his folder. When I asked him about it later, he finally let it out that his teacher had given him a harder math worksheet during the math time, but when he finished it, the teacher gave him the one the rest of the class was given. He didn't think it was fair to have to do more work than the other kids (besides it being too easy) and that is why is wanted to throw it away. I think it was more the level of the assigment though as apposed to having one more sheet to do.

So, anyway, I was wondering for those of you who have childern getting different in class assigmnets are they also responsible for the ones the class has to do? I know that when you have different assigments for one child it may become time consuming for the teacher, and I would certainly be willing to send in extra math pages if that would help. I'm still thinking about how to bring this up to her and just looking for ideas...

thanks!