Originally Posted by questions
(And we spent two or three years in Trinity's "f" - wish I could take it all back. As he said the other day, "I can't believe I wasted my childhood in a school I hated." - And those are the types of comments I used to get in trouble for at school. They'd say "no 3/4/5/6 yr. old child speaks like that. You've got to stop poisoning his attitude about school. Tell him it's fun."!!!!) (and no, I did not get the reference. Even after I googled it, I did not recognize "Q". Now, if you were alluding to Q in James Bond movies, I'd know. Used to love all those gadgets as a kid.)

Oh my!
You should have seen the tantrum DS had when he finally learned to ride a 2 wheeled bike! Totally melt down, and "I've wasted so many years by not learning sooner. The fun I could have been having."

It is odd to be hearing that out of a child's mouth. But these children ARE like this and deserve respect. I just have to roll my eyes at the "Tell him it's Fun" part, and I've been there many, many, many times. Sad to say. It is really beyond my understanding.

((shrug))
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com