Originally Posted by sittin pretty
Does anyone know how fast your DC can progress through a level at 100%? Like many of you, the starting level for my DS is too low because he is at 97% (with most errors occuring b/c of learning to use the computer mouse). It seems that within a few sessions, he's progressed 0.5 yrs. Does that seem reasonable?
Dd, who will be 9 in a month and a half, was started at level 3.5. She'll be starting 4th grade next week (at school). She has done a few sessions and it seems to be moving painfully slow on moving her up despite her having gotten 100% on virtually everything. For instance, she has done 44 "integers" problems and has gotten all of them right -- 100% on that whole section. The integers section has only moved her up to level 3.53.

Her math levels are currently running at:
Number Sense: Integers 3.53 100 % ( 44 / 44 )
Number sense: decimals & fractions 3.52 100 % ( 4 / 4 )
Geometry 3.50 N/A ( 0 / 0 )
Logic and Reasoning 3.50 N/A ( 0 / 0 )
Measurement 3.52 77 % ( 7 / 9 )
Data/Statistics/Probability 3.50 100 % ( 9 / 9 )

She messed up two of the algebra sentences ones on the measurement area, but that one is still set higher than data, for which she has 100% on the same # of questions, so I'm not quite sure how it is making decisions here.

So, overall, she's at 96% correct -- similar to your 97%. I'm glad to see that yours is moving up faster, but .03 grade level increase off of 44 questions correct is too slow for us.