Hello all,

I had posted here several times a while back re DS11, trying to differentiate between a diagnosis of Anxiety/ADD/Gifted. We traveled to Kentucky in February to see Dr. Amend, got our test results, and have been working with a psychologist here in town. In a nutshell, we were working with an anxiety diagnosis with a minor secondary diagnosis of inattentive ADHD.

Things have continued a downward spiral to this point, basically DS is flunking math, (despite excellent test scores ) having continued anxiety, trouble with his teacher, and is generally pretty down on himself. We have gotten an excellent math tutor who will be working with him the whole summer to get him up to speed for middle school.

At the psychologist's recommendation, and after lots of research, we had DS tested for CAPD last week. We were somewhat hesitant "chasing" another diagnosis, but as DS is what his pediatrician says is the "poster child" for ear infections ( 3 straight years of infections, two sets of tubes, plus two hospitalizations) We felt we needed to at least rule it out. Well, lo and behold, I got the results back today and they have indeed diagnosed him with CAPD.
So my question is, is there anyone else out there dealing with this, and can you help me decipher the test results? I have read the book "When the brain can't hear" and need to re-read to clarify some things.

In addition, I meet with the school counselor, school psychologist, teacher
( grrr...) and speech therapist on Tuesday. Any suggestions, tips, tricks when formatting a 504 for CAPD that I should be aware of. I have a laundry list of suggestions from the audiologist, but was hoping to hear from a parent experienced with this.

Thanks so much for all the input,

JBR