I just can't resist throwing in my 2c that having happened to read this thread back-to-back with the kids having trouble with decision making thread just strikes me as funny... smile

It sounds like you have a good option there and I would definitely give it a try. And like the kids having trouble with decisions, this is one where I think it might help to remind yourself that even if it's not perfect it's not the end of the world. No school is perfect, homeschooling isn't perfect, none of this is perfect and most of us come out okay. Also, no two schools (or even two classes in the same school) will have the same pros and cons just as no two homeschools will work the same way... and no two kids need exactly the same things... I think you need to consider the specific school (or class) and your specific kid more than general pros and cons that can really only apply as generalizations.

But what would trump everything for me in your situation is that you don't want to homeschool. Unless you know for certain that your other options are just completely untenable, I wouldn't homeschool if it's not something you really want to do.

Erica