Yes we've been through it once already. I know the drill, made some mistakes. Honestly I didn't expect the same thing with DD4 until recently when I started doing the research for DD8.

My plan with DD4, is to keep her at the montessori at least until 2nd grade (longer maybe if they can increase class size). There were only 4 kids in 3rd grade this year, unfortunately most of the kids move after K or 1st. 1st is still decent sized, and 2nd grade is maybe 6-10 kids. I just didn't know that they would move her up early.

Not sure why everyone moves at that point. I'm sure it is a variety of reasons (cost, thinking it is time to get a logner term solution whether public or private. We moved DD8 since DH thought "it was time for her to make neighborhood friends so she doesn't get left out later and she needs to be with her age group cuz she's little". He felt strongly, I didn't know any better. This time I feel more strongly after reading a lot more.

Just polling for other opinions since there is maybe something I didn't consider. My instinct is to let her go ahead and re-evaluate when it's time to move, whenever that is. I'm sure we will work through any issues with the montessori as they come.

Last edited by mschaff; 04/28/09 12:30 PM.