Hi, Willa and other moms, I also hear your frustration and I know you are doing the best you can with these folks. Best advice I ever got: "You are enough". You as a mom are more than enough - quite terrific. I am late to this discussion and giftedness in general. My children didn't have disabilities. I have a college aged child and a HS junior. My experience and my friend's experiences taught me that, at least with public schools, disabilities will be addressed only if they are affordable and the law madates them. Getting an advocate is the best idea. Experts won't do a thing for giftedness as it is not mandated. If an administrator promises but won't document or IEP something, it prob. won't get done. You are your child's own best teacher and resource getter. Make a mock up IEP of goals that you feel are needed and bring them to the next meeting. Include how they can be carried out. And, of course, use Davison. Good classroom teachers can and do make a difference. Go with the 3rd grade teacher's advice and listen carefully. Time and growth will work a lot of things out.