Hi Willa Gayle -
Ok - I was AFK for a few days (DS10's online gamespeak for away from keyboard) but I'm back and sorry to hear that the meeting did the ole - concentrate on remediation thing.

didn't your earlier posts mention assisted technolodgy? is that all bye-bye?

I've found it very helpful to write email after meetings and send them to all participants telling them what I heard them say, and asking them to confirm or deny. That way I know right away if they meant what they appeared to be saying.

You could hire a lawyer or a "parent advocate" to represent you. Your state may have a disabled kids support group that might go to bat for you.

I think I've said that if a teacher is good, then that's the most important thing. DS10's 3d grade teacher was so wonderful that I asked if he could be "held back" to have her again next year - I am being funny but I was 100% ready to do this.

Now you can turn you attention to "After school enrichment" - if you and he want to. Can you sit down with him and ask him what he wants to learn? If you don't know how to teach that subject, and can't afford a tutor, or find a retiree, then post his interest here or at a homeshooling board for more ideas.

It's true that I, personally, got fed up with the whole IEP process. Last week I got agreement from DS10, DH and the local private day prep school for DS10 to start tuesday. Yesterday was orientation and they seemed so nice! I am gaurdedly hopeful that this will give DH10 the equavalent of a grade skip, which won't be enough, but maybe, maybe, maybe he'll be able to show them his strengths. If not we'll try something else. BTW, I made very little of his test scores, davidson, etc. during the interview process. They seemed to be totally impressed by him without me having to use the yellow highlighter! I think that's hopeful.

Love and More Love,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com