Yes, isn't it funny sitting in those meeting with the "experts"? I do mean that sarcastically. Sorry if any "experts" are reading this. When I would have meetings about my son I would always have them telling me that THEY knew what my son needed and then ten minutes later they would be asking me "so what do you want us to do for Tyler? What does he need? What should we put in his GIEP? Tell us what to do. You're his mother and you know him better then anyone..." and I would look at them and say "Really? Well a minute ago you told me YOU all were the EXPERTS and to let YOU all decide what he needed and that YOU were going to tell ME what he needed and what was best for him because I'm no expert, remember?" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm so sorry you left that meeting not feeling that all his needs are going to be met. It is so frustrating dealing with educational professionals who don't seem to have all of our childrens' needs and desires as their first priority. I do hope you find some way to compensate for Mite's sake..not that you should HAVE to pick up their slack but of course you will because you're a great mom who won't let her son fall through the cracks. It is so great to have places like this to come to so we have an outlet and can reach out to others who feel the same frustrations at times or have been there, done that, and bought the t-shirt. Of course it's sad at the same time that so many have to make the same struggles. You'd think that if such a problem was so prevalent (sp?) across the nation these days there would be something done about it!!! frown frown I can't figure out if it makes me more sad or angry most days anymore. I feel at peace for my son at the moment because he seems to be getting a good balance of what he needs at this point in his life but I feel everything the rest of you feel for your children when I read your posts and I wish I could do something to help. It simply breaks my heart and makes me feel an intense rage toward our "education system" at the same time.

M.

"Learning can only happen when a child is interested. If he's not
interested it's like throwing marshmallows at his head and calling it
eating." -Anonymous