My son is 4.5 yrs old will not turn 5 till Nov. so he misses the cut-off date to start Kindergarten this year. My son was tested when he was 4yrs 2mths and tested into the 1st grade. I know for some subjects he is half-way through with 1st and with others is already into 2nd grade. I would like to get son into K this year so the difference between the grade his in and the academic level he is at are close. If we have to wait till next year he will be a Kindergartner at an academic level of 2nd/3rd grade. In the state of Texas they say he has to be 5 by Sept. 1st. But, I did read that a parent can partition to have their child tested for acceleration. I am wondering if anyone has used this rule to accelerate a Preschool child to Kindergarten in the state of Texas. Or if anyone in the state of Texas has actually had any success in getting their child enter K early? I don't know if acceleration and early K enterance will slove any problems in the future or if they will solve anything now.

Thank you
Kathy

Educational Flashcards
www.MontessoriCards.com