Hi All...
Some of you may remember that I posted on 11/21 re: DS10; gifted vs. inattentive ADD and whether to increase his Concerta Dose and/or pursue further testing.. Thank you for all of your input. It has been nearly a month on the increased dose of Concerta. We have seen a moderate increase in organizational abilities, and a marginal change in grades ( He has always been A's and B's ). He does not take the med on weekends. ( or snow days! ).
Yesterday I had the chance to help out with the holiday party in his class. WOW what an eye opener!
There are 13 boys in his class. I witnessed 11 boys sit together eating all of the holiday snacks, laughing, joking and taking pictures together, and my son sitting in the back by himself, outwardly oblivious. After some time, another boy in his class sat next to him. I found out later that this boy is also an "outsider" and not in a good way. My son was not sought out to participate in groups for the party games.

My heart broke at this party.

Our issue at the beginning of the year ( and pretty much every year ) was that he has no "filter" and burts out without he is thinking, is somewhat bossy, and not receptive to what other kids say.
The teacher made a comment to me that while organizationaly he was doing better, there has been no change socially, but to "give it time". I'm not really sure how giving it time would help.
So my question/concern is this...As parents, we see him as a bright, curious, good looking kid with athletic ability, and strong leadership skills. ( small brag ) Are we blind or in denial or both?
And what do we do about it? I don't want to bring it to his attention, because at this point he doesn't seem to notice. The one time I did ask him he said that all the other kids were "stupid because they act like a bunch of kids". He gets along with kids in the neighborhood that are all ages, and has 2 other good friends that aren't in his class. I still have not ruled out having further testing done.
I appreciate any input, especially since this isn't really a GT topic.

Thanks, Jen