Hi Everyone,

I am reaching out for some advice regarding a recent IQ test my 6 year old son performed.
His WIAT-III scores came back much higher than his WISC-V score.
The psychologist told me that he is overachieving against his IQ and other kids will eventually catch up.
She did make note of potential ADHD-I but says the IQ will remain fairly fixed regardless.
The IQ test & WIAT were conducted on the same day and it was the first time he had met her - she also made note he potentially suffers with performance anxiety.
Since then he has now been formally diagnosed adhd (inattentive) by a pediatrician
My questions are:
Would the IQ remained fixed with adhd? I imagine there are accommodations in place for a reason
The difference in WISC to WIAT look like they may be statistically significant - shouldn�t this be further investigated?
Is it possible he didn�t perform to his ability on that day?

I have a hard time reconciling he is overachieving given that from what I have read the environmental factors have to line up as well as a drive to work hard.
My son is clocking off the moment he can and not a second later.
I will also note that his school were extremely surprised by the psychologist report and said they expected much higher FSIQ score.

The results are as follows:
VCI - 106 66%
VSI - 102 55%
FRI - 118 88%
WMI - 117 87%
PSI - 118 88%
FSIQ - 118 88%

His WIAT-III results range from the 96 to >99.9 percentile with most being 98-99%.

Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated smile