Interesting, I had thought for the WIAT-4 it was 5 years for Davidson Academy based on their "accepted tests" page which seems to indicate that individually administered tests are good for 5 years and only the group achievement tests are subject to the 3 year limit. https://www.davidsonacademy.unr.edu/admissions/eligibility/accepted-tests/

To your point though their "eligibility" page seems to indicate that achievement tests are all generally subject to the 3 year limit. I think I should probably go ahead and e-mail them to clarify if individually administered achievement tests like the WIAT-4 are good for 5 years as seems to be indicated on the "accepted tests" page.
https://www.davidsonacademy.unr.edu/admissions/eligibility/

My understanding was that the "standard score" on the WIAT-4 would need to be 145 plus in at least two of the following: reading, math, writing, and total composite. I would guess that this "standard score" is based on age at time of testing? I figured if he was going to take the test anyway it may be better to take it earlier so that I might be able to use the results to help guide my decision making and planning for his elementary education either way.

But yeah you're right that in addition to meeting the minimum achievement test score eligibility requirements he would need to be able to perform at an advanced middle school level in order to eligible for Davidson Academy so even if he were to get a qualifying score on the WIAT-4 in the next few years that doesn't necessarily mean he would be applying right away.

After I posted this I saw that CTY SCAT online test which you mentioned, I might consider that too. Alternatively it looks like CTY accepts ITBS as well which I could even administer at home. I had already been considering doing that anyway as a benchmark to aid my homeschooling as may be needed going forward. I am not sure if my son is ready for formal 2nd grade online school just yet but it is something we may want consider with CTY going forward at some point, perhaps to help prepare him for Davidson Academy longer term.

Last edited by GCN3030; 08/27/22 03:29 PM.