Aeh and Indigo have eloquently given sage advice - I only have a few peripheral thoughts to add.

Whilst society often celebrates and rewards those who are at the top of their game, it can be personally rewarding to be a ‘Jack/Jill of many trades & master of none’. A more positive term which my son uses is ‘polymath’. He’s never had a competitive spirit, it’s always about PBs and self improvement and so his progress is largely self determined and with access to digital resources, less prone to being thwarted.

Broad knowledge and skill sets are invaluable for problem solving in the workplace and at different levels of society. It is possible to derive great personal satisfaction from being instrumental in solving problems that would otherwise impact lives even without formal external recognition.

It is interesting to read articles on interviews with one of this year’s Fields medal recipients - by his accounts, June Huh ‘wandered’ through high school and undergrad university, spending time writing poetry and developing music appreciation and only started earnestly focusing on mathematics during his postgrad years. His broadened experience seems to have positively shaped his approach to mathematics & life. I’m not suggesting that you should rekindle an interest in maths if you don’t have any real interest, but I hope you find the right interests and opportunities.

I do know several brilliant mathematicians (international olympians, university medallists) who sought senior academic or tenured research careers in mathematics but settled for well paid jobs in the financial sector. I’ve had a number of serious & heartfelt discussions with my son about the different values and rewards of jobs that are productive vs extractive in the context of wider society. I share your discouragement at the lack of apparent opportunities for you to exercise your abilities for mutual personal and societal benefit. I can only urge you to keep your mind open for opportunities to learn, grow and help others.