So what I do have is actually screenshots of the scaled scores from two different administrations four and five years ago. My son was being evaluated for a 504 at the public school and the following year at a university by supervised grad students as part of testing for ADHD.

I know I have a more complete report somewhere and it’s probably even in my email but I’ve been searching and haven’t been able to find it.

I talked to Linda Silverman at a lunch roundtable at PGR this year. She looked at the scaled scores and said his testing was “screwy” and that I should get a real tester instead of getting it free through the school or cheap through the University because she questions the ability of both of the testers. A more experienced tester sounds $$$ to me though.

The reason she said it was screwy is that his scores all seesawed from one year to the next. There was a big spread between scaled scores within each administration but also across the administrations. So like one year he got a 9 on a certain subtest and the next year he got a 16 or something. And vice a versa he got 18 on matrix reasoning the first time and a 10 a year later. But it was like that for every subtest except I think vocabulary.

There were a few other things that were not ideal like the school only administered I think seven subtests and the university did more. One thing the university did that the school didn’t was comprehension and he got a 19 on that. I asked them about extended norms and they said no although I don’t remember if they were saying the extended norms weren’t necessary or just that they didn’t give him any more questions.

Another thing Linda said was that I could trust the high scores and she didn’t know what was going on otherwise. I wonder if his ADHD was interfering with attention on certain subtests each time.

Anyway since she said I could trust the high scores I took the high scores from each subtest to get the sum of scaled scores by looking up each index to see what’s included. I know combining the two administrations in this way wouldn’t be valid to submit to Davidson or other programs but it might be helpful to see if he does actually have a huge spread across different abilities or if it’s likely that attention was the problem during testing. BTW my daughter has been a DYS since age 5 but since my son didn’t qualify we’ve never gone to any Davidson events because I don’t want him excluded because of his disability.