I am curious: do you have opinions on transhumanism? Arguably, for example, curing aging-related diseases is largely concordant with transhumanist ideas, if we happen to largely increase human longevity in the process.

cf "Transhumanism is a philosophical and intellectual movement which advocates for the enhancement of the human condition by developing and making widely available sophisticated technologies that can greatly enhance longevity [...]"

My naive way to think about this would be
"humans have always tried to cure diseases" -> "now we are trying to cure aging-related diseases" -> "in the process we realize that aging itself might be the root cause of those diseases" -> "let's look for ways to prevent aging from happening"

i.e. transhumanism might simply be a natural culmination of human efforts to improve their own condition.

Personally, that's why I see the necessity to start working on this topic from all required perspectives (philosophical/ethical considerations as well as technological developments). Because I believe that this will be happening no matter what.

cf also potential futures you mentioned in which parents might be facing the choice of having virtual children, offered the option of genetical engineering, etc...

PS: Margaret Mitchell seems to have a very interesting look on algorithmic bias! I will endeavour to catch up with her work