Hello Aquinas sorry for not responding earlier I honestly just didn't log back on for a really long time for some reason.

Anyway yeah I totally agree with you in terms of primarily focusing on 1 or 2 foreign languages, mainly we have continued and plan to continue with Spanish and German for foreign langauge. This makes the most sense since he still has his spanish speaking Nanny that has been with us over 4 years now and the fact that I can speak a tiny bit of German plus he still loves watching German cartoons. I consider exposure to other langauges as enrichment that may be beneficial generally or later in life should he choose to explore them further.

In terms of formal schooling the plan is hopefully in the Fall the German Saturday school will stop requiring masks and he can return there (even though he has a medical exemption from our doctor sadly they still wouldn't allow him in the classroom). He really wants to go back, he was so upset when they shut down back in early 2020 he told me "I wanna go to German school Dad...(awkward silence)...please don't say it's closed Dad!", it is a real shame he couldn't attend again when they finally reopened. They did zoom for awhile before that but it wasn't the same my son would tell me "I don't wanna do zoom Dad, I want to go to the big school!".

In terms of regular schooling during the week I would definitely consider a dual language immersion school if I could find one that my son could attend if it was otherwise suitable for him. As it stands now for various reasons it looks like I will probably end up homeschooling him myself long-term.