Originally Posted by hamburgerman
I was able to observe this test, unfortunately taken in the afternoon after a full day of school, and saw the loss of focus over the 2 hours, with the zoo locations among the last, and he was mostly just being silly and uncooperative.

Tangential post for casual viewers that since IQ testing is quite costly, when arranging for an appointment, consideration should be given to this issue of fatigue affecting concentration.

My eldest’s first test was administered when she was 3.5 yrs old, to determine her eligibility for early entry to school. It was a morning appointment, but the assessor administered a ‘school readiness test’ before the IQ test and nearly three hours later, DD had had enough and tried to hold the assessor to a ‘promise’ that testing could be completed at a second session. The assessor, insisting that they were already so close to finishing, pushed on and DD became passively uncooperative, not answering questions which I knew she could. In the IQ report, she was in the 98th & 99th percentiles for all sections except the last in which she was in the 63rd percentile. Her reported FSIQ was still very comfortably within the range for early entry (so we’d achieved our main objective), but well below what was reported when she was retested at age 9.