Originally Posted by indigo
Originally Posted by sunnyday
...the awkwardness of sitting the test with juniors and seniors ...
As others have mentioned above, it depends on the student. I am aware of students as young as 11 years old, with 7th grade placement, being curious to experience the high-stakes testing process and subsequently successfully sitting for the test with High School Juniors and Seniors... without experiencing awkwardness. Going into it without expecting any special treatment or consideration for one's age difference may be key. A government-issued picture ID was required.

I suspect it also depends on the school. With only 120 students total in the 11th and 12th grades here, outsiders stick out like a sore thumb, which is why I guessed that my students would be a focus of speculation. Still, my kids did say they'd have been fine with it, and my son is already in math class with nearly half the college-bound students so there would be familiar faces. But we might have a better, more anonymous experience going to a Saturday test date, even though the nearest site is about an hour away. We'll see if they still have seats after my daughter's birthday (which will be 4 days before the registration deadline)!

Last edited by sunnyday; 01/29/22 03:35 PM.