Which, of course, highlights how challenging it is to maintain a school with a cohort of +7SD level students! There just aren't enough of them around. Even +3SD students aren't exactly thick on the ground in most communities (with, possibly, the exception of the vicinity of Palo Alto or such-like).

I think it's also valuable to note that much of what has the option of appearing "extraordinary" in a young child is dependent on their interests, passions and opportunities, and may take many twists and turns over the lifespan. Many posters here may have read the biographies of Max Planck, who was a gifted multi-instrumentalist and composer, but chose to pursue physics instead of music. Or of Alexander Borodin, who is known best as one of the Russian Five composers, but was actually a professor of medicine and chemistry who made significant contributions to the field of organic chemistry. Or of Charles Ives, who is recognized now as a significant figure in American music, but was a globally gifted individual who is also considered one of the fathers of estate planning (in his day job in insurance). Which is just to say, at more length than necessary, that a small child's current interests or accomplishments aren't necessarily indicative of her actual level of giftedness, let alone her future accomplishments.

From the background info you've included, I suspect I might understand a little of why it's hard for you to conceptualize your child as "really" gifted. I grew up in a community heavily enriched with individuals who were actually assessed at or could reasonably be estimated to fall in the 145+ range (using contemporary scaling), and including some who would be in the 175+ range. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that there were some persons probably in the 130s that I felt vaguely were not really -that- bright, but in retrospect I realize it's just because my scaling was skewed. TBH, I didn't begin to get a better sense of what the bell curve looks like in real life until I began assessing people myself, at which point it became much clearer how large the range was within the GT population.

So that's more anecdotal information than you probably wanted to read!

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...