Hey! I've been thinking about the tests in the Wechsler series and is after 12 years of interest still not letting go. I've written a few times on this forum and I think I can say that it's the most insightful forum I've come across that deals with psychometric testing.

Now, I mostly want to rant about what I've thought about and it comes down to the division of General ability index (GAI) and Cognitive proficiency index (CPI).

Interesting fact that its common among highly scoring individuals to have a separation between these two where the CPI is far lower then the GAI. As far as I can understand GAI includes how well you can do things, its a bit odd however because I want to think of GAI and CPI as dependent on each other. For example I found that higher GAI makes you do less errors on Coding.

So one question would be, "What is the impact of lower CPI when you have a high GAI?".. I've read threads from years back and sometimes you can have a scaled score of 4-6 in coding and a 18 in similarities.

If you would pinpoint, what difference does it make to your performance if this kinds of difference is present?
My first concern would be that the process of using the "ability" would be slower and more prone to error. But what if your just a slow thinker? Is coding more reliant on executive functions?

What would be a core description of the process? Is processing speed only the speed at which things are done, thoughts, writing etc? Where does working memory come into this, as it is a part of the CPI?

Basically I believe that he CPI as an efficiency measure which tells us how good someone is at using their abilities, which is close to executive functions but wouldn't the GAI scores be lower of you couldn't use your abilities to its fullest? Maybe its the timed tests that suffer most from lower CPI..

What is the "qualitative" relationship?

These are my thoughts in covid times..
Thank you!