I was away for 30 years and things have changed dramatically. First, you should get CDN citizenship for your daughter, if you haven't already. Will save you lots of money.

And there are many more specialty programs. Like feeder programs into medical school. Not just taking prerequisites and getting a BSc. And in my day, they took 6 remarkable kids out of 1st year and allowed them entrance into medical school if they took orgo in the summer. But anyone could apply after 2nd year. Gone. And Ryerson was not a university and now it is. Waterloo is a globally recognized comp sci and engineering school and competitive. And you cannot switch into engineering from comp sci in 2nd year there. I believe you can switch majors at other schools but Waterloo does not allow it. You get in the program, that it if you want to stay there. No SAT, question marks on extracurriculars. It seems more that they are looking at what you do, though technically it is only about marks. And although they do not differentiate between schools, they do. They know if you are in school like DD that is accelerated and competitive or some general high school. The top schools are very good. U of Toronto is generally in top 20 globally. UBC is good for many things and an excellent school. And in Vancouver which is beautiful. Now, U of T is broken up into colleges. Not 2 year community colleges, just sort of like housing groups. I was going to go, then I went to Western. Western also had some colleges, like Brescia, a girls catholic college. Kind of like Radcliffe at the end. You got a Harvard diploma, but you were in Radclife. you took classes at Harvard etc. I think that only Toronto and Western have this but I have not researched, just so you know what that is. Toronto is more like Trinity College is more a liberal arts college. They used to dress for dinner when I was in school. I have asked how it works if you get into Trinity (the most competitive) but take engineering. Not a clear answer, hence you may want to ask how that works in Toronto. Western is a very nice campus, just north of the downtown of a small city, good college town. McMaster is in Hamilton, an industrial city, bigger and commuter rail ride to Toronto. Queens is a very good school. On Lake Ontario. The original prison of Canada is a museum, right on the water front, near the university. Kingston's main industry was prison. But a nice small city on the lake. DD goes there for international regattas since the winds are always good. Queens is an excellent school. Good engineering. McGill is the school that most New Yorkers hear of. English speaking university in Montreal. Very good school but research dollars have not been invested so it has fallen to about 45 in world rankings. Better than Western or Queens, but I think just because of name recognition. Being in Montreal is cool, french speaking but Quebecois not real French. But amazing food. Quebecois are the best cooks. Other than that, I don't think I would go to another school unless she wanted forestry. Then you go up north to some uni in Thunder bay.