First, I took engineering. Since I ended up on Wall St. without a business degree, I had to make economics up as I wrote about it. I did go to university in Canada, but left Canada at 23 to live the next 30 years of my life in NYC.

I really like the MIT courseware being the free veggies.

I like that Canada offers a quality education at the university level without a huge cost. Like they offer decent healthcare as right. But basic doesn't get you much. We were friendly with the head of lung transplant at a major medical institution in the states. Not sure where they got the lungs, but the patients tended to be very rich people from all over the world. I am not sure I would get a lung transplant in my basic health care in Ontario. When I worked on Wall st, my health insurance covered acupuncture and all kinds of stuff my crazy natural MD decided I needed. Not in Ontario.

So I would say, how do you get into the next level? How competitive is it getting if you want medical school or law school or a PhD in biometrics? It has to be getting more and more competitive. Just like the crazy admission process for undergrad programs now. I am on the free email list for some college consulting firms. They send out articles. There is more about graduate programs. People are hiring these expensive consultants for graduate programs. It must be getting very competitive now at that level. Will our kids have to have a whole CV of undergrad research done with profs along with their grades as they apply for a PhD?
If that is the trend, how does our view of prospective institutions look then?

Last edited by Wren; 01/20/21 06:27 PM.