Mm. I think your DH's lateral-thinking profile does have relevance to your DC. And remember he was identified as an adolescent, by which point he had probably developed better strategies for maximizing his own profile.

As to next steps--well, there are multiple ways to prioritize these. I'd probably start with the possibilities that are the simplest to eliminate, such as some of the vision and convergence/tracking considerations that Portia raised, and then tackle more angles on executive function. Although it sounds like she already had one of the more available EF measures in your region. Maybe a little more thorough clinical explanation from the evaluator? I would also strongly consider having your DH sit down with DD (or maybe not sit still!--whatever way of spending time together is most conducive to open communication with or without words), and see if he can elicit or identify any insights into her thinking and learning process, and how she experiences the world. If they are actually more similar in this domain, some things may resonate or feel familiar for him that others might not perceive as readily.

Last edited by aeh; 12/23/20 06:15 PM. Reason: typo

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...