From my own experience, it would be folly to expect any standard school to properly address the gifted student. Schools are production factories. They are focused on what they produce most - people of average abilities. They are stocked by people of average abilities.

If a high school has a thousand students, then it should have 20 that would qualify for Mensa. That's five students per grade, each of which probably has different interests.

As for the teachers, statistically there would not even be one Mensa qualifier in the average school. Even if they had an interest in the gifted, they probably wouldn't know what to do with it, and/or couldn't keep up.

If their work laid out a perfect plan for gifted education, how many schools could really make it work? My guess is less than the fingers on your hand, nationwide.

From my own family's experience, I gave up any hope that any general school system would adequately address the gifted. If you do the math, it just doesn't make much sense for the system to spend time on it. (And that's true despite the fact that your child is wonderful.)