From my observations of the types of individuals who comprise data points in the above-referenced research, I think one of the key contributions of radical acceleration in their generally positive life outcomes outside of academics and careers is that this was one of the ways they were acknowledged and accepted for who they were. I wouldn't say the ones I know were particularly above average in some of the skills listed above as bringing social currency (sports, dance, etc.), with some definitely below average. But they -were- comfortable in their own skin, which is a trait that has increasing social currency as one develops, and I think part of that comfort came from having their intellectual (and other) gifts accepted and allowed to unfold at something more like their own pace.

And to the question of music as social currency: well, if you write or perform certain kinds of popular music, it has a little bit of social currency with some subgroups, but generally, adolescent musicians in ensembles are more likely to be classed as band or theater "geeks".

Also, cardiovascular fitness does not equal general athleticism or fitness. Exhibit A: Pavorotti, especially prior to his late-in-life weight loss.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...