Welcome!

FWIW, there are quite a few posters in this community who also have children with food allergies (I have one of those). By and large, I have found this community to be friendly and accepting on both FA and GT scores (and, well, generally!).

Anyway. I also agree with your healthcare team. If it is financially feasible for you to consider the registration fee an insurance premium, then I would do so, and keep your options open. It sounds like your daycare is approaching this in a reasonable way, with little downside to trying it one way or the other.

Does your state have infection control guidelines for childcare facilities? Understanding that it is nearly impossible for little children to reliably social distance (or to independently maintain any kind of standard hygiene, for that matter!). Will they expect or recommend masks for both children and adults? (CDC considers masks at your DC's age to be at parental discretion.) How will the classroom and arrival/departure routines be different from when school closed in the spring? Most small children adapt easily to new situations, but she and her classmates will still need opportunities to adjust to seeing their friendly, familiar teachers in different PPE (likely).

In addition, by the time you reach the move up to the transition class, something like nine months of development will have occurred since the recommendation was made (an eternity at this age), so be prepared to be looking at potentially another adjustment in the plan, purely on the educational/developmental axis, aside from public health concerns.

EDIT: Just realized that you may be describing her as talking more than 2-3 year olds at 12 months old (the last time she was in daycare)--in which case you should definitely be prepared for the possibility of an even wider gap between her and her classmates in the transition room by December, since the gap often is in rate of learning, not just in absolute years of advancement vs age-peers. (Keeping in mind that development can occur in fits and starts in any small child.)

Last edited by aeh; 07/11/20 09:10 PM. Reason: more thinking

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...