I have a friend who, while not a psychologist, has studied psychometric testing and for that reason happens to possess materials for a foreign version of the WAIS-IV, and under the understanding that it wasn't any kind of "true" assessment, he timed and recorded my responses to the items for three PRI subtests: matrix reasoning, visual puzzles, and figure weights. While I understand that the accuracy of such an informal / unofficial "assessment" is reduced when compared to one administered by a licensed psychologist, it still yielded some results which were interesting to me, so I decided to mention them. I heard that foreign versions of the WAIS-IV typically use the same items for PRI subtests as the American version, and I verified that the raw scores were timed / recorded properly. The raw scores were 26/26 on matrix reasoning, 23/26 on visual puzzles, and 24/27 on figure weights. I was told that this implies a PRI in the gifted range. This was surprising to me, since in the past, I was always comparatively weaker in nonverbal areas. I wonder if this implies any change in latent variables, or if it simply implies that I am also strong in at least some nonverbal areas, while simply performing less reliably in those areas due to extraneous factors.