DS is creating a Lego Mindstorm automated platform to perform some highly repetitive actions which are causing staff at my workplace to suffer RSI. He was asked if he could do it over a year ago after someone returned from a conference where one of the speakers showed a video of a working Lego creation, but he’s always had other priorities. Earlier this week his careers teacher suggested he should do something for his CV to support his ambition to study R & D engineering at Uni, so he thought he’d kill two birds with one stone (strictly metaphorical). The mechanics of his creation are clever but he has to work out the programming now.

ETA: I’m actually a little disappointed as I thought he might be forced to use 3D printing to create some parts and therefore pick up a new skill, but Lego is so inventive & versatile that he was able to find everything he needed. He has a LOT of Lego - he loved it as a kid so between his 4th & 8th birthdays practically everyone gave him Lego sets as presents. Some people gave him stationery with Lego compatible erasers (they aren't official Lego but the pieces fit perfectly - their elastic properties have proven very useful in creating this piece of equipment).

Regarding random things & Lego creations, these YouTube videos are amazing:

Last edited by Eagle Mum; 05/17/20 05:08 PM.