cricket, I feel like I've seen some similar effects with our college student. There's a pretty big difference in how where they are educationally (even when young for college) seems to affect the online schooling experience. Some of the classes already had online components (one was a flipped classroom, so that professor didn't even have to record new video lectures), and all texts and most work submissions were electronic. The university already had subscriptions to multiple learning online learning platforms, and it has a fairly extensive catalog of online courses, so many instructors (though not all!) were already familiar with online teaching. DC also already had experience with fully online college coursework, though mostly asynchronous. The in-session in-person classes were switched over to real-time videoconferencing, with the principal losses in lab courses (not surprisingly).

Anyway, I agree that it's been nice to peek into DC's college experience (I do try not to intrude, most of the time), and that it's had unexpected benefits in terms of personal connections with professors.

And yes, love this thread!

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...