Originally Posted by onemom13
"School takes away all of my great ideas." (In pre-K frown )

Me: "My goal for you to is to be healthy, happy and kind, and a good member of your classroom community." Child, seriously: "To be happy, I need to do more science."

"It’s difficult when no one shares your interests."

"Let's talk about what we would do if we were president..." "take down the border wall," "stop using fossil fuels," "create more national parks," etc. and "give people who have been practicing math for years, harder math problems, and people who still need practice, easier math problems at school."

Thank you again. I really appreciate all of your thoughts.

Lastly, while we always suspected our child processed things differently than his peers (particularly around language, reading, and ability to focus), we didn't expect him to be quite so gifted. If there are any specific resources you would recommend to help us understand how to best support him, please send them our way! Thank you!

I don't want to harp, but actually I am going to. I deeply regret not reading Miraca Gross's book 8 years ago, or at least 5 years ago. We didn't think our child was *quite so gifted* either and a lot of damage has been done... Please have a read. Maybe the current crisis means you have some time on your hands? I must also add that it's an incredibly readable book.